Monday, December 31, 2012
With a new year, comes a lot of resolutions. I normally write out a long and overambitious list that never gets completed. But this year, I thought I would simplify my resolutions, to ones that I can actually complete! So here they are...
1. Learn how to crochet - I'd love to crochet a scarf this year, as silly as that sounds. I took up knitting a few years ago but have completely forgot how to do it.
2. Cook & bake more - I have an obsession with collecting cookbooks and sadly, most of them just sit in the cupboard only to get used every other month. I want to use them more and cut back on eating out. Plus, a home cooked meal is the way to my husband's heart.
3. Work out! - The most popular "resolution" I know, but my husband is a huge runner and I'd love to be able to exercise with him. I love eating healthy but when it comes to staying fit, I'm pretty lazy and dread working out. Here's to hoping that I can change my perspective and enjoy running and exercise!
4. Move into the city - Husband and I live in a small town outside of Nashville (which we absolutely love) but we're always driving into the city to do things or hang out with friends. We'd love to find a place in the city, come the end of spring. Crossing our fingers!
5. Go on dates - Who says dating has to end just because you're married? I'd love to do this more with Trent. We always get so busy and often forget to have some one on one time with each other, outside of the house. Plus it's super romantic and fun. I'd love to use Amanda's idea for date nights! Love that sweet lady.
6. Outreach - This resolution is particularly important to me. I ashamed to say I don't give back to the community very much. This is something that will definitely change this year. We're going to plan on joining our church's outreach team and I'm really looking forward to giving back.
7. Travel - Trent and I have a passion for travel. If we could afford to do it all the time, we would rarely be home. We're hoping to venture outside of Nashville some more this year and visit cities like Seattle and Austin, two places we've never been before.
I'm really looking forward to crossing these resolutions off my list this year. Here's to the year 2013!